In the first few days of December I like to start watching Christmas films to get me in the festive spirit. I’m one of these people that is totally against Christmas until December 1st hits, then I go a bit crazy. So here is my Top 10 Christmas films to get me in the festive spirit (with some strange descriptions)!
- The Holiday: A loveable RomCom about women swapping houses.
- The Grinch: A green man, with a secret heart of gold and a slight anger issue.
- Gremlins: A cute animal, with bad siblings basically.
- ELF: A elf man looking to find himself and his father.
- Love Actually: A lot of love, in different forms around Christmas Time.
- Home Alone: Abandoned child, forced to become a ninja to protect his home.
- Santa Clause the Movie: Santa and his christmas routine with a twist.
- Bad Santa: A fake santa/conman makes a friend.
- Oliver: An orphan finds a better life, after a lot of obstacles.
- Jingle All the Way: Grown men fight for a toy, to prove he isn’t a bad father.
Now I admit these are all well known classics but when your doing a film a day in December there is time to branch out and see christmas films you’ve never seen. For example I’ve never seen Miracle on 34th Street (yes really…), or A Wonderful Life, and I don’t think I’ve seen A Christmas Carol all the way through. So they’re on my To Do List this year, what’s on yours?